Ever thought of running for public office? This might be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Attend SMAR's first Candidate Training Academy in partnership with the Prince George's Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®.
When: November 30, 2017 (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Location: REALTOR® Center, 8440 Old Leonardtown Rd, Hughesville, MD
Who should attend? REALTORS® and Affiliates, local business people, affiliate and sister organizations, business people in real estate related fields, and others who considered running for local office, and want to protect private property rights and support homeownership.
What will I learn? The Candidate Training Academy covers 7 strengths and skills important for successful campaigns:
- How to concisely articulate reasons for running
- How to plan and budget for a race
- What research is helpful for a campaign and how to get it done
- How to raise money and what rules are in place governing what you can collect and how you can collect it
- How to ensure you have sufficient time and opportunity to make contact with voters
- The need to leverage social media
- How to get out the vote on election day