The annual REALTOR® Fair and Trade Show is an opportunity for REALTOR® members to enhance their training and meet with vendors supporting the real estate industry. It also allows SMAR Affiliate members the chance to create, renew and strengthen their business ties to the local REALTORS®.
Galleries of past events may be found on Flikr.
Thank you to everyone who attended SMAR's REALTOR Fair & Trade Show on May 24, 2017 in Prince Frederick. We tried out a new location this year and everyone had a blast! Attendees furthered their education as well as took advantage of networking opportunities with our vendors. Those who wished could register for Lunch & Trade Show only in order to take advantage of networking.
Congratulations to the SMAR Prize Winners:
Early Bird Registration - received a $50 VISA Gift Card
- Brittany Arbin
- Elizabeth Dixon
- Tina Henderson
SMAR Member Event Survey Prize - received a $25 VISA Gift Card
- Carol King
Derby Hat Contest - received a $70 cash prize
- Michael Grigsby
Exhibitor Bingo - received a free Education Pass
- Becky Miller
Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor - free both for 2018 fair
- Exit Realty
We also thank all of the exhibitors who participated this year: C & F Mortgage Corp • Colonial Mortgage Group • Edward Jones • Environmental Testing Labs • Exit Realty • Fairway Independent Mtg • Fitzgerald Financial • HMS Home Warranty • Home Towne Real Estate • Looking Up Aerial Media • Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development • MD Partners Bank • Movement Mortgage • MRIS, a Bright MLS • Navy Federal Credit Union • PrimeLending • Real Property Mgmt Gold • Servpro • TruPlace. Their contact info can be found here in the REALTOR® Fair Program.
Friday, May 4, 2018
LOCATION Southern Maryland Higher Ed Center, 44219 Airport Road, California, MD
Trade Show Exhibitor Information
- A chance to network and expose your business to Real Estate Agents face to face in a friendly and relaxing environment.
- Each participant in the Trade Show will receive a roster of attendees (those who gave their permission) the Friday before the event and a final list after the event.
- Opportunity to win the Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award (see below).
Exhibitor Rules: Please read carefully below.
- Check-in on May 4th begins at 7:15 am. The Trade Show will be open from 11 am - 1:15 pm. We ask that your display be manned from 11 am - 1:15 pm. You may tear down your booth at 1:15 pm when the afternoon Continuing Education Classes begin.
- Exhibitor door prize winners will be announced during the lunch hour.
- There will be an option for attendees to attend the trade show only at 11 am.
- You must supply your own extension cord or power supply.
Suggestions to make your investment more successful:
Have a Business Card Drop; remember, each REALTOR® attending the Trade Show will be stopping by your booth for “Exhibitor Bingo.” Supply a door prize (no more than two) to be given away after lunch. The Friday before the event, you will receive a roster of attendees (from those who gave their permission) if you would like to announce your presence at the REALTOR® Fair and invite them to stop by your booth during the Trade Show. Have promotional materials and “give aways” for those who stop by your exhibit.
The Doris Jones Outstanding Exhibitor Award was established in recognition of Doris’ years of service as Chairman of the SMAR Hospitality Committee. The Award criteria are based on booth creativity, aesthetic appeal, adherence to Exhibitor Rules, and application of theme to booth display. Remember, this year’s theme is “REALTOR® GPS - Guide to Professional Success.” The winner will receive a 4 ft. by 7 ft. exhibitor space in the center hall at next year’s REALTOR® Fair free of charge and will have their name engraved on the progressive recognition plaque displayed at the Southern Maryland Association of REALTORS® headquarters building in Hughesville.