REALTOR® Dues Proration Schedules (2020-2021)
Dues are prorated monthly. SMAR, Maryland REALTORS®, the National Association of REALTORS® have a no refund policy. In addition to the $200 application fee, total Dues include SMAR - annual dues of $350 (includes your SentriLock access); Maryland REALTORS® - annual dues of $218, a Maryland REALTORS® processing fee; NAR - annual dues of $150 and a $35 media assessment. Review the Dues and Fees Schedules before proceeding with the membership application process.
- As an applicant, you will be granted full SMAR primary REALTOR® member rights and privileges once you have paid your initial fees and dues (payable at the time of application submission).
- Your annual dues are due by November 1st each year. (Primary members are those who pay their state and national dues through SMAR and whose principal broker also holds membership in SMAR. Secondary membership is available only to REALTORS® who already hold primary membership in another association.)
- New Member Orientation class is a virtual class at SMAR. You will receive a registration confirmation for the next available New Member Orientation class.
- Bright MLS classes can be taken online or as a live training class at SMAR, registration is completed by the new member through Bright MLS portal.
- Membership dues shall be prorated for any licensee who during the same calendar year applies for REALTOR® membership in the association.
- However, membership dues shall not be prorated if the licensee held REALTOR® membership during the preceding calendar year.
- When are dues billed? Annually in late September
- Do I get a paper bill? No. Electronic invoices are available on the SMAR Member Portal
- How am I notified? Email notifications are sent four times a month through the dues renewal period (October - December) to those with outstanding dues. If you receive an email and you think you have paid, please contact SMAR immediately via email or at 301-274-4406.
- Does SMAR save my credit card information and automatically charge me each year for dues? No. SMAR does NOT save credit card information.
- Does SMAR retain all of the dues? No. SMAR only retains SMAR dues, which is $350 for the 2020-2021 dues year. The balance is transferred to the Maryland REALTORS® & NAR (National Association of REALTORS®) immediately when paid online.
- Are payment plans accepted? Unfortunately not. As stated above, dues to Maryland REALTORS® & NAR are transferred immediately.
- Is SentriLock included in the dues bill? Yes.
- What happens if I don’t pay my dues by December 1st? A $35 late fee is added on December 2nd.
- What happens if I don’t pay my dues by January 1st? An additional $35 late fee is added on January 2nd.
- What happens if I don’t pay my dues by February 1st? Membership is terminated on February 2nd. Access to SentriLock and SMAR Forms is cut off. Once membership is terminated, there is a $200 application fee to rejoin plus all outstanding REALTOR® fees. There is also a $50 reactivation fee for SentriLock cards.