- provide comprehensive, professional educational opportunities, tools, and resources to SMAR members;
- plan and promote educational classes that satisfy the requirements of the Maryland Real Estate Commission. In addition to the required subject matters, the committee is responsible for offering a variety of topics to enable members to effectively assist clients and customers in the conveyance of real property or of any interest, right, or benefit in real property, grow their business and minimize liability;
- plan and promote community outreach with educational programs to increase consumer knowledge and awareness of the real estate industry; to further consumer access to affordable housing, and to gain consumer respect and confidence of the real estate profession;
- be responsible for selecting, evaluating, and compensating speakers and for providing monitors for continuing education classes;
- be responsible for generating income;
- ensure that members of the committee have a basic understanding and interest in continuing education requirements of the Maryland Real Estate Commission and the National Association of REALTORS®; and
- be responsible for the New Member Orientation class; for regular monitoring of Orientation curriculum to ensure compliance with law and policy; provide information regarding the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, member services, opportunities for service on committees, the introduction of RPAC and Grassroots involvement, etc.