A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years, is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
Please note: Applications can ONLY be submitted by the local association on behalf of the member requesting Emeritus status.
The REALTOR® Emeritus status eligibility requirements are:
- Forty (40) years of REALTOR® or REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® (or both) membership.
- Proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
* "Service" is defined as serving as an NAR officer, director, committee member, Federal Political Coordinator, Global Ambassador, or Global Coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
Application & Deadlines
CLOSED — If you missed the midyear deadline, you can come back January 15, 2021 to submit for approval at our May 2021 REALTORS® Legislative Meetings.
- Emeritus Award Process FAQs
- View the list of past REALTOR® Emeritus Recipients
- Search current and past NAR Committee/Board of Directors Appointments
- NAR Committee Appointment Process FAQs
Upon approval of an application for REALTOR® Emeritus status by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®, no further payment of dues to the National Association is necessary by the member association of which the REALTOR® Emeritus is a member. Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the Board of Directors' approval. In addition, REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Code of Ethics Training requirement.
A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate's local association. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership and one (1) year of service at the National Association level must be attached to the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
SMAR Emeritus Members
- Carl Baldus, Baldus Real Estate, Inc. La Plata, MD, approved for Emeritus status November 2011.
- Bonnie Baldus Grier, Baldus Real Estate Inc. La Plata, MD, approved for Emeritus status November 2017.
- Jan Barnes, Century 21 New Millennium, Inc. California, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2017.
- Sandy Curtis, Residential Plus Real Estate Services, White Plains, MD, approved for Emeritus status November 2018.
- Frederick "Fred" Davis, Broker of Weller-Davis Real Estate and Swan Point, Inc., approved for Emeritus status November 2008.
- Betty Drury, B & B Realty Mechanicsville, MD,approved for Emeritus status May 2012.
- William J. Fitzgerald, Fitzgerald Realty Charlotte Hall, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2019.
- Roy Hart, Jr., Century 21 New Millennium California, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2019.
- Francis L. Jenkins, F.L. Jenkins, Realty Waldorf, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2012.
- Ronald "Ron" Leonard, Leonard Realty, Inc. California, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2012.
- Glenda Lytle, Century 21 New Millennium California, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2019.
- Fred Pumphrey, RE/MAX 100 White Plains, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2015.
- C. Michele Rockhill, Long & Foster Real Estate Prince Frederick, MD, approved for Emeritus status May 2017.
- Joseph B Waters, J B Waters & Associates Prince Frederick, MD, approved for Emeritus status November 2011.