In State Secondary REALTOR®
Becoming a secondary REALTOR® member allows you to join an additional local association within Maryland. Maryland REALTORS® & NAR dues are paid through the primary association. Any additional local associations you belong to within the state will only bill for local dues.
Out of State Secondary REALTOR®
You can join as a REALTOR® at SMAR contingent upon holding a valid Maryland real estate license. SMAR collects local and state (optional) dues. NAR dues are paid through the primary association.
- Submit a "Letter of Good Standing" from your Primary Association of REALTORS® and include:
- License number
- NRDS number
- Verification and completion date of NAR Code of Ethics
- Current years' State and National dues have been paid
- Complete the online REALTOR® Membership Application for both the Broker and the Agent requesting secondary membership.
- Contact the SMAR Membership Services Department at 301.274.4406 or here regarding required fees and dues of secondary membership.